Re: Amputation Saw

To: "Keith Conover, M.D." <kconover@pitt.edu>
Subject: Re: Amputation Saw
From: henry rowlison <hrowliso@utep.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 11:31:47 -0700 (MST)
I recently purchased a "blade" actually a cable coated with who knows
what, that replaces the blade on a hack saw.  It is intended to cut
ceramic tile with out chipping the glaze.  I think that this would cut
bone quite well.  It is durable enough that short strokes could be used
without the risk of eroding the abrasive material on the cable. I'm sure
that it could be adapted to something other than a hacksaw (maybe some
kind of modified bow saw) if space is a concern. I don't
think that it would make a very clean cut in the flesh though.  I got it
at a warehouse building supply store for five bucks or so.
HR