Re: Amputation Saw

To: "Keith Conover, M.D." <kconover@pitt.edu>
Subject: Re: Amputation Saw
From: David Simpson <davids@emerald.CyberGate.COM>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 22:54:01 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 8 Feb 1997, Keith Conover, M.D. wrote:

> Sounds very similar to what we've already got.  But you said
> "abrasive" and ours have teeth.  Where does one get one of these
> abrasive saws?  Maybe we should test one to see if it's better than
> the toothed cable saws we use.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --Keith Conover, M.D., FACEP
>   http://www.pitt.edu/~kconover

I saw (no pun intended) them in the plumbing section of Orchard Hardware
Supply, a major D.I.Y. hardware store. I suppose Home Depot, or Home
Club, etc. would have them. A toothed cable wouldn't work very well on
ABS unless it was powered, the teeth would dig in to the plastic and
bind. Unless they were very fine.

Dave Simpson
davids@cybergate.com