Re: Re[2]: Air compressors yet again.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Air compressors yet again.
From: JackiHarry@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:00:03 -0500
>I guess I should have mentioned that the compressor requires 220 volts.
>Sorry,

<<snip>>
>> > I know I can get a larger tank if I go for an upright unit but I I want
>> > stick with a portable unit.

Just to add a little more bits to the stream...

I would recommend getting a two-stage compressor if one is available,
although they are usually more-the pressure can be quite a bit higher, and
they run for a *lot* shorter time. (w/ same size tanks)  If the one is listed
at 10.1scfm@90psi, it's probably single stage, same horsepower w/ two-stage
is probaly 17scfm@125psi.

Also, you can do what I did and have two air tanks-one on the compressor, and
one that attaches to the compressor. (I have a valve in the line that
attaches to the compressor)

Good luck!!  Scott M Ryan