Shop heaters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Shop heaters
From: Keith Kaplan <keithka@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 96 10:50:18 TZ
Okay, now we all have nice workbenches in well lit, properly wired
shops, but it's mighty cold out there.  I'm finishing up getting the
drywall and insulation up in the walls and ceiling of my 36x24x10
space, and I'm starting to wonder what I should use for a heater.
Since it's insulated, I'd think I could get by with a small space
heater, but it is a lot of space, and I'm usually only out there for a
few hours in the evening, so I'd like to be able to heat it up in time
to enjoy the warmth.

What about those 'infrared' radiant gas heaters?  We have gas heat in
the house, so I'm assuming it wouldn't be too hard to run a gas line
the 30 feet or so out to the shop.  What I want, in order of importance:
-- not a fire hazard
-- heat the place up fast
-- quiet
-- efficient
-- affordable

Any suggestions of brands, models, prices, where to get them?

TIA