New to List, need help.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: New to List, need help.
From: Dave.Desilets@East.Sun.COM (Dave Desilets - Sun BOS Hardware)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 17:40:57 +0500

Hi,

I just found out about this list today and subscribed!

I really need some help! I've got parallysis of analysis!

I'm in the process of setting up an air compressor,
buying new air tools, and a MIG welder.
My son bought me a 6hp single stage Devilbis compressor
with a 60 gal vertical tank.
I'm a weekend warrier, and the 2 stage is just too much $$
I plan on using it for air tools, painting and light sand blasting.

I'm looking at Wilkerson 1/2" npt 5 micron air line filter,regulator,
and lubricator. I plan on individual pieces and plumb up with shut off
valves to allow use of a 10 cfm desiccant dryer for blasting and painting
on an as needed basis. I will use two air hoses, one for ratchets and
one for spraying/blasting.

Any input on this set-up would be greatly appreciated. Easy to change now!

Tools:

Ingersoll-Rand 1/2" impact wrench model IR-2131.
Reportedly 450# torque forward and 600# reverse @ 90psi and 4.8cfm.
Need something like this for strut bolts and some truck parts.

Chicago Pneumatic 3/8" right angle air ratchet, 50# torque
with 125# tightening/loosening by hand capability.

Spray Guns: Speedaire industrial quality 9.2 cfm @50psi
            sprays most anything, or a Binks Heavy Duty.

Sand blasters: looking for one to remove mainly rust from autobodys.
               Occasional work.

Mig welders: Any pros/cons with use of flux cored vs solid wire with co2?
Looking at 155 amp Lincoln and 145 amp Schumacher welders.
I have a 200 amp ac/dc Miller for stick welding heavy metal, need one
for alum, ss, and sheetmetal.

Any recommendations/horror stories on the above would be greatly
appreciated.

Thx

Dave