Re: New to List, need help.

To: bugeye@neca.com (Dave Garron), shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to List, need help.
From: Richard Welty <rwelty@emi.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 1996 08:34:05 -0500
At 07:05 AM 1/11/96 -0500, Dave Garron wrote:

>I'd say start right out with a mig welder set up for solid wire & argon/CO2
>mix.  Most will also handle flux core wire if you want to do some slightly
>heavier duty (and messier) work.  I have a Miller 130, a 115V unit (which makes
>it more portable), much higher quality than the consumer-grade units you find
>at the large chainstores.  I love it!

i've been asking around, trying to become an informed consumer about
welders, and one of our best albany area welding shops recently went through
and checked out every 115 volt Mig they could lay their hands on.  the only
one that George (the owner) thought was worth anything was the commercial
grade Miller... he liked that welder a lot, and bought one.

cheers,
  richard
--
email:   rwelty@emi.com (home)     welty@balltown.cma.com (work)