Re: Wow

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Wow
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 10:57:02 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Does anyone have an idea of current prices for industrial strength
pallet > racks in various sizes?  You know, the kind that can hold up a
few dozen > V8 blocks or a pair of Spitfires without endangering the life
of anyone > close by?  Maybe I should start checking the auction section
of the local > classifieds for business equipment sales. > > mjb.

I have bought several 5-shelf units 4ft w x 1.5ft d x 6ft high from
Costco; I believe the brand name was Grizzly.  They have fairly sturdy
metal parts that assemble by locking buttons into keyhole shaped slots.
They end up quite rigid and appear very strong, except for the shelf
boards which are just 1/2 inch particle board.  I thought they were a
bargain at about $60/unit.

They would not hold up many engine blocks in their stock configuration.
But if you put a diagonal brace on the back, welded the joins with your
mig welder, and put 3/4 inch plywood shelves on them, they would hold a
hell of a lot.

Ray

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910