Re: Wow

To: gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu
Subject: Re: Wow
From: Steve Grossman <steveg@sdt.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 1996 10:54:19 +0600

    Ray> On Mon, 8 Jan 1996, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
    >> Does anyone have an idea of current prices for industrial strength
    Ray> pallet > racks in various sizes?  You know, the kind that can hold up
    Ray> a few dozen > V8 blocks or a pair of Spitfires without endangering the
    Ray> life of anyone > close by?  Maybe I should start checking the auction
    Ray> section of the local > classifieds for business equipment sales. > >
    Ray> mjb.

I got all the sturdy shelves I have from the surplus yards of various
defense/telecom/manufacturing companies I've worked for.  At the surplus yard,
they should be about $15 for a 5 shelf 2'x4'x6'tall unit.

Speaking of holding up a Spit, I was in a kart shop the other day (kind of a
cool back-alley place with mean dogs and big locks in an unassuming building)
and they had a Sprite up on a stand which looked like a mondo kart stand.  Made
from 8 or 10 inch I-beam, it had big casters on it and was about 4 ft tall, and
they pushed this ugly rusting hunk of Sprite around the shop on it.

Steve