RE: [oletrucks] emails

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@autox.team.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] emails
From: "Bill Bailey" <billb1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:25:17 -0500
<Begin quote>
There is no real reason to include the complete text below one's message.
For example, I have only a few lines of the original message quoted above,
and indicated as a quote with the leading '>' character.  I've edited the
reply to include only the bit of context neccessary.  Quite often the
subject
line alone is sufficient context, sometimes you may need to include a
sentence
or two to provide proper references to your reply.  I really doubt there
are cases where one needs to include full headers, signatures, and complete
texts of the original in replies.
<End quote>

Understood it is your server, your bandwidth and you can make the rules. But
what about when one "jumps" into the middle of a thread and tries to figure
out what's being discussed? It happens more than you might think I suspect.
As it's set up now, some messages make no sense at all. A case in point is
one you sent yourself the other day. The subject as I recall was "History of
AD trucks" and the entire response was "Tractor URL? This one?" and then you
clipped a link to a website. I, and I suspect many others, have no idea what
you were talking about and how tractor websites have anything to do with the
Advanced Design trucks.
It's obviously affecting list traffic because posts have dropped since this
took effect and I hate to see a good a resource such as this dry up.
As I said your server, your bandwidth, your rules..but this is my opinion
for the two cents it's worth.