[oletrucks] emails

To: miq@vista.hevanet.com
Subject: [oletrucks] emails
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 11:11:49 -0500
I'm still having difficulties with replying emails showing up on the
list... Miqs stated in his message:
The problem is that the server is also set to bounce any messages with web
address coding like h**p or similar. This means that if you are lazy,
just hit reply, and do not edit the message to delete the information
footer before sending out to the mail then the message will be bounced.

Does this mean that any replied message with a web link will be bounced? Or
just web addresses below the footer? Am I correct in stating to delete
everything below the tag line:
and the message will be ok. What about signatures on a reply all, I have
web address in my signature--if I reply by deleting the h**p below the tag
line and my signature still have a h**p address in it, will that be bounced
also?? If the original message had an h**p web address in the body of the
message and I delete below the tag line will the h**p in the body of the
message cause it to bounce.?

Sorry to say this, but how will new subscribes know all the particulars on
this?
It'll probably be in the new subscribers email, but most don't read that as
evident by the amount of "un-subscribe request" that are sent to the
regular list and no majordomo email address.         --wayne

Wayne Osborne
http://www.chevytrucks.org
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne