[oletrucks] Brake Pedal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake Pedal
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 00:09:44 -0500
Thanks to those who replied.  You were right, I found that a few light taps
with a brass hammer popped the pedal loose.

Someone asked how I intend to shorten the pedal.  It measures (on the
radius) approx. 10 inches from pedal surface to taper and threads.  It
appears the flat pedal portion is welded to the round/curved shaft going
through the floorpan.  Gave to a friend of mine who has a welder, he intends
to cut the pedal off, grind it flush on the backside of the pedal, cut 5
inches off the shaft, then reweld the pedal to the shaft.  This will still
give me plenty of pedal travel, but position the pedal closer to the floor
so I won't have about a 6-8 inch height transition from the accelerator to
the brake.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF stepside
Pontiac, IL