[oletrucks] Brake Pedal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Brake Pedal
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 21:57:44 -0500
A question for the list members:

I recently upgraded my '56 to power brakes and would like to shorten the
stock pedal (position it closer to the floor).  Took the nut off that
connects the round rod to the lever assembly (behind the firewall)going back
to the master cylinder and the rod isn't budging (haven't tried a hammer
yet).  Anyone else done this?  Is the pedal pressed into the lever assembly?
  Any advice welcome, thanks in advance.

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy TF Stepside
Pontiac, IL