[oletrucks] ? on power steering conversion

To: Oletrucks Board <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] ? on power steering conversion
From: Jason <irish@logicsouth.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:30:27 -0500
I've noticed both Truck Shop, and Classic performance parts offer what
appears to be the same kit to adapt a late model Saginaw power steering
box to 47-59 truck frames.  I'm wondering if anyone has performed this
modification, and if so was there any problems that showed up later.
Like maybe the tire rubbing the box on hard right turns, or possibly an
odd handling feel with one shock moved to the back of the axle.

I'd like some informed input before I attempt this mod.  Sometimes it's
just better to learn from someone elses headaches.

here's a link for those intrested
http://www.classicperform.com/power2.htm

Jason D
58 1/2 ton Stepside