Re: [Nobbc] FW: [TR] What cost to give up your Triumph?

To: 'North Bay British Car Club' <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] FW: [TR] What cost to give up your Triumph?
From: "Paige, Dean" <DPaige@srcity.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:12:07 -0700
I point out that the original on this was from John Mc Cartney, a long time
employee of British Leyland and author of the book "In  My Father's
Footsteps".  And, I myself care not a whit for the pollution issues or the gas
costs. I keep the TR in the best condition I can. And since I have a degree in
Environmental Bio and I keep my environmental footprint as small as possible
overall, I sleep well.

The TR might well have been scrapped long ago except I am so damn stubborn. I
refuse to give up my long time mechanical partner.  And in the long run
avoiding buying new cars and using all the required manufactured products that
got with that I am thus conserving resources. In my lifetime I have owned only
used cars and less then a dozen of them. In the past 37 years I have owned
only 4. A TR-6 a GT-6 a Series III (sold for parts), a Jag XJ-6 Series III
(killed by a rear ender) and the current Jag XJ-8 VDP. I feel no guilt
whatsoever regarding my 2 current vehicles. For better or worse I am bonded to
them. If I can keep up the pace I'll happily keep them until............ Well
until I croak!

Deano