[Nobbc] Long strange trip

To: <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Nobbc] Long strange trip
From: nobbc@sonic.net
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 19:47:53 -0800
 I had thought I'd be back in town in time for the boxing day run (how did it
go by the way). I was visiting my family in Sacramento when my appendix
literally exploded. I spent Christmas day under the knife of the chief of
surgery at the Sacramento VA hospital. Fortunately he was able to remove all
the bits and I am now in theory recovering. Unfortunately, I will be unable to
drive for quite a while. I know some of you will be willing to step up and
lead the next two rides at least. I will miss the cold weather rides as they
are always an adventure. I will keep up with the list and let you know how I'm
doing.