newsletters

RE: Introduction

To: "Lindberg, Andrew (MN12)" <Andrew.Lindberg@CORP.honeywell.com>
Subject: RE: Introduction
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:45:28 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Lindberg, Andrew (MN12) wrote:

> Paul --
>
> Thanks for the note and welcome.
>
> BTW, I think this was the first message on this list in quite awhile.  In
> the case that there's anybody still left out there, can I ask whether others
> have noticed the price of copying has gone up lately.  I'm not a high-tech
> kinda editor, just send my stuff over to Kinko's and have them run it off.
>  Last issue, 16 eight-and-a-half by eleven pages on four sheets of eleven by
> seventeen.  170 copies.  Total cost close to $200.  Uff da.

Yes, I just had 18 pages done back-to-back, about 240 copies, price was
about $180. That winds up being $.04 a page. 18 pages * 240 copies is
about 4320 pages. We used to get the volume price of $.03 for that many
pages.

So, yah, we've seen our prices go up. By about 25%.

Of course, I could make the newsletter smaller...

NOT.

>  -- Andy

rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |