mini-baja

Re: Caliper Selection

To: Alex Stiehl <snufelupogus@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Caliper Selection
From: susantoa@pdx.edu
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:24:05 -0800
If memory serves, the requirement last year was that you have to have the
brakes on two circuits so that if one fails, there's still braking on two tires
and that you have separate reservoirs:

"The vehicle must be have at least two independent hydraulic systems such that
in case of a leak or failure at any point in the system, effective braking
power shall be maintained on at least two wheels. Each hydraulic system shall
have its own fluid reserve either through separate reservoirs or by the use of
a dammed, OEM-style reservoir."

I don't remember it saying anywhere that it has to be floating calipers.  You
could have used drum brakes if you wanted to.  Then again, I could have been
wrong.

Thanks.

Andre S