piston choice

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: piston choice
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:48:48 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
  I will be tearing down my (still unused) 302 again for rebalancing, and
while it's apart, I'm questioning my early choice of cast aluminum pistons.
The
car will see only a rare trip to a dragstrip just to see a timeslip, but it
seems like asking for trouble with the cheap pistons.  What thoughts or
predudices are out there regarding cast vs hypereutectic vs forged?
  The +0.040" engine has Edelbrock RPM heads and cam, alum intake with Holley
600 cfm, lots of port matching, block work, balancing (twice), align boring,
etc., etc.,T5, and low numeric ratio rear end.