Re: some observations

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: some observations
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:54:11 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
<<I have heard a lot of complaints about the excessively high pedal effort
required to operate the HTOBs>>

Maybe. That coupled with a much larger pressure plate. That's why I used a
small clutch/ pressure plate. S10 9 1-8 or 1/4" with a Mercedes pressure
plate. The pedal effort is less than those running 10 1/2" Camaro clutches.
My wife drives itwithout complaint as the pedal feel is only slightly
heavier than stock. Can it handle much over 200 HP? Probably not. Next stop
would be Centerforce.

My observation on HTOBs is that they are a bit notchy or abrupt in their
release compared to the stock slave cylinder or a clutch fork. A heavy
pressure plate seems to accentuate that characteristic.

Holley throttlebody FI. An easy way that I have considered and that Leon
Zaks did a while back.

http://www.zaks.com/mgb/

I was REALLY hoping he would do an article for our British V8 Newsletter.
Come on Leon!  ;)

Carl Floyd