Re: some observations

To: James Nazarian <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Subject: Re: some observations
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 07:00:27 -0800
Cc: v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I thought I would toss in my experience on the carb and HTOB.  I have a
289 in my TR3A.  At the suggestion of a friend and a dyno tuner I
installed an Edlebroch AFB 600 CFM.  I then had the engine dynotuned.
The result was entirely disappointing.  The carbs only redeeming quality
was that it idled well.  At a car show I spoke to a speed shop guy that
divuldged that the AFB has a generic fuel curve that doesn't fit any
engine well.  I have since switched to a Holley Street Avenger with much
better performance characteristics.

I called Howe before installing my HTOB.  The technitian there actually
recommended setting it up with a little slack.
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom