Re: Engine Breathing with a Rover 3.9

To: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Breathing with a Rover 3.9
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:28:28 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,

The engine is a fresh rebuild with a couple hundred
miles on it.  Build-up should not be an issue.

Hopefully, I'll get an opportunity to take a closer
look at the breathing arrangement over the weekend.

I don't really care for the idea of putting a PCV in
the sump, although I see where that would work.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed how much
stronger and heavier the Rover 3.9 oil pan is compared
to the BOP 215 pan?  My pan needs to be "relieved"
slightly to clear the steering rack.  It was not a
problem with the BOP pan, but required significant
effort on the Rover.  At least if I do some offroading
in the B, I'll feel safe that I won't puncture the
pan.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Glenn