Re: Engine Breathing with a Rover 3.9

To: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Breathing with a Rover 3.9
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 10:33:03 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
  Glen,
    I don't know how old your setup is, but I recall reading an article
on the rebuilding of the Rover engines, and it described how the various
vacuum lines under the hood tended to fill with crud, and much more so
on the BOPR family than most others (didn't give a reason).  It showed
pictures of cross-sections of the tubes that had been removed and
sectioned specificly for the photos.  Nearly every one looked like John
Candy's aorta!!  The lines themselves, if old enough, could cause the
problem.  Since the BOPRs are also prone to sludge accumulation, it's
possible that the gas may not be flowing easily from the sump up to the
valve covers.  Short of a reuild, I beleive I've seen PCV valves that
can be added right to the sump, releiving the problem at the source.
Good luck,
James J.