Re: idiot light

To: CraigFaubel@aol.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: idiot light
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 09:36:30 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Craig,

That seems a simple task - locate nearest electronics nerd - Radio Shack type
You can do it by measuring the voltage drop across a resistor - or just a
good old fashioned ammeter circuit

What electric water pump have you and do you have photos?  I think it is a
terrific idea.  I needed room to get in a 2,950 cfm rad fan for my Rover V8
installation.  Using a heavy duty D&D radiator left me short.  But I got a
special short water pump  made - I had thought electric but did not pursue
the idea - damn!

At 07:18 PM 1/30/2003 -0500, CraigFaubel@aol.com wrote:
>I went thru this a while ago and have asked as many sources as I can find -
>but no results that work.
>I'm using an electric water pump.  I want to use a dash mounted 12v LED
>indicator light to tell me when poser is available to the pump motor but it
>isnt drawing power, letting me shut down as soon as possible.  I dont want to
>rely on just a water temp gauge (although I have one).  Does anyond make or
>know of any sending unit that might tell me a 'low amp draw' condition by
>closing a 12v circuit that I can wire a lamp to?  Do you know of any other
>passive (e.g., not a series-wired relay) device?  Any diagrams?

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
barrier@bconnex.net