Oil pump info

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil pump info
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:56:29 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
List,

I just ordered the oil pump spring kit (BK 601-1311) for the metric oil pump
from Napa.  The box I got says Sealed Power 224-518.  Of note are the
instructions that come with it.  Apparently there are two types of pump bodies
not easily described, but one style the relief valve bottoms out and the other
it doesn't.  The springs for the bottoming style are yellow, 23.75 coils, 60#
pressure, 7/16 from end of uncompressed spring and sealing surface of the
bolt; and orange, 18 coils, 40# pressure, and 21/64 clearance.  For the non
bottoming variety we have white, 27 coils, 60# and 5/8 clearance; and plain,
18 coils, 40# pressure, and 7/16 clearance.  If any of that is worth anything
to anyone have at it.

The kit also included new pump gears, gasket, bolt sealing washer (that
retains the relief valve), and what I presume is the relief valve itself.  I
think list on it was $18.

If anyone needs a set of pump gears I now have three new sets (two spares).

james