K & N Air Filter ?

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: K & N Air Filter ?
From: Rick1huber@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:39:31 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
V8ers,

Looking to replace the air cleaner  / filter on the V8 B withi K&N model.
I've got a Buick intake manifold and a Carter 500 carburetor.  I'm not sure
the brand or where I got the air cleaner, but the filter inside it is a Mr.
Gasket 1480a, 14" x 2".

Can't find on any car parts web sites a cross reference for the Mr. Gasket
air filter, and in the K&N custom web site, the closest thing we can find is
a  14" x 2.31", but of course, as we all know, we don't have that much
clearance to the bonnet.

Anybody help on a different type of air cleaner or identifying any cross
referencing for the Mr. Gasket filter ?

Safety Faster......with a V8,

Rick