Coolant?

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coolant?
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 17:24:45 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello again,

I have a general coolant question right now.  At the moment I am using
straight water until I sort out my cooling issues.  I know two of the primary
functions of coolant are to prevent corrosion and to prevent freezing.  I
think I know that it is less efficient than straight water.  Pressure will
raise the boiling point of the coolant, but am I making my coolant problems
seem worse by running straight water?

What will happen to temps and boiling point if I go to 50/50?

james