Re: F&$!ing clutch

To: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>, "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: F&$!ing clutch
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:08:29 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
clutch problem solved.  The bearing is tapped for 1/8 pipe.  I have a steel
1/8pipe to -4AN adapter in each port (one fitting was included with the kit.
The lines I was using were -4AN braided with straight fittings.  After
wearing through one, I had 45deg ends installed.  These fit into the whole
apparatus after moving out the bolts on the clutch fingers about 50thou.  If
you have a Long type clutch that will make sense.  When fully pressed in the
pressure plate just rubs the corners of the fitting nuts, but not ever in a
way that they will wear through.

In my currently limited use of the bearing I give it very high marks.  It
came with the one mentioned fitting, a bleeder fitting, shims, etc to
install.  I added the second flex line to get the bleeder outside of the
bellhousing.