almost

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: almost
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 00:17:39 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well, the car moved under it's own power today; and boy do I mean moved.  Most
of the way home it died at a light and wouldn't restart.  I have good spark, I
could smell fuel (after I flooded it?), and obviously has compression.  I
suspect it is a heat thing since this is the first drive.

To all those that have experienced heatsoak/vaporlock problems, does your car
ever die on you or is it just a restart problem.  Mine could be a restart
problem since I can't be exactly sure that the idle etc is all set up
correctly.  Can anyone offer any other solutions?  On an unrelated note I have
a stumble at steady, light, throttle that I need to sort out, I just haven't
looked at the carb info yet to see what causes that.  I have the room for a
carb spacer, but it seems odd that I would vaporlock while moving like this.
BTW coolant running about 210F.

james