Re: (MGB-V8) I'm in love.

To: m1garandusa@netscape.net
Subject: Re: (MGB-V8) I'm in love.
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 16:17:36 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James,

It's your lucky day.  I'm doing the Sebring conversion on my "B" and have
some info for you.

I got my kit through the MG Owners Club in the U.K.  On-line shopping
available at:   www.mgocspares.co.uk

Type in "Sebring" on the search box and it should get you to the kit.
Full front fenders and rears from top of fender down and from door frame to
tail-light.  I've got some pictures of the kit which I can scan and e-mail
if you'd like.

Cost at the time (last October) was 436.06 Pounds (sorry, can't make the
proper currency symbol).  Good thing we don't have to pay VAT over here.

Once the kit cleared customs, the bill was $1237.88 CDN (including shipping
to Vancouver, BC).

Always liked the look after seeing the original MGC GTS's.  Fibreglass on
the kit is a bit thin but my body guy says he can make it work.  He thinks
he'll just use the flare on the rears instead of cutting away too much good
metal.

Let me now if you'd like the pictures.

Cheers
Simon Austin

P.S. I don't plan on using the same mirrors on that fellow's car.