F&$!ing clutch

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: F&$!ing clutch
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 22:31:59 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I found my clutch interference problem.  As you won't recall (since I
haven't sent this to the list), I got a gear grinding sound when I pushed
the clutch in.  I found a 1/32" overlap in the clutch disk gear and the
flywheel bolts after taking .250 off of the flywheel.  This was not my
problem.  I reinstalled everything and tried again, on the second clutch
push I felt the pedal go away very fast.  A quick look found a large puddle
on the floor.  As some may recall I used a Howe HTOB designed for T-10 with
stock clutches only, I can't tell you how many places on the box and
directions it said stock clutches only.  Anyways when I pushed in the clutch
the lines were hitting the back of the pressure plate and it chewed into the
lines until one of them popped.  Tomorrow I will be heading out to have the
lines fixed/replaced and get some 45deg angled fittings instead of the
straight ones.  We'll see.

BTW, I can unbolt and shift the tranny out of the way and drop the clutch
out the bottom of the bellhousing in 45minutes.  Compared to the MGB, it
almost makes up for the PITA that this clutch problem is.  I still have yet
to move the car under it's own power.

james