Starters

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Starters
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 21:24:06 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Need a little help here, team.

What starter motors are been used on projects and drivers using the Rover
SD1 and 5-speed in the "B"?

I have the original SD1 starter with the solenoid on the side but have been
told clearance will be a problem with the side rail.  I had a chance to find
out for myself until last night when I pulled the engine out for more body
work and the thought came to me today to actually get under the car and see
for myself.  Ahh.....lessons learned the hard way.

Any ideas and help is appreciated.

Cheers
Simon Austin