Re: Insurance and emissions

To: MGB-V8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Insurance and emissions
From: "Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu" <Joseph_Pitassi@brown.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:05:58 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
>Hello all,
>
>I have been on the sidelines here for a while and now I have a couple of
>questions to ask.  First off, what insurance companies do you guys have?  Do
>any of you use Hagerty?  Seems they will insure it as a modified MGB?
>Second, what do you do about emission testing?  Do the testing stations
>treat it as a 4 cyl or what?  I live in Illinois by the way.  I need
>information on how to subscribe to the newsletter too.  Thanks in advance
>for all input.

Hi Rob,

Don't know much about the insurance, but you can find out for sure
what Illinois' deal is with emissions by going onto your state's DOT
website. If you don't know what it is, go on engineswaps.com...they
have links to all of the states emissions testing pages. If you're
lucky, you may be emissions exempt in your state. My car's a 73, so
I'm all set. Since I live in RI, if I register the car as an antique
(which I can), I don't have to worry about emissions, but I do still
have to have a safety inspection. :-)

Hope this helps!

Joe Pitassi