Re: Best way to lower a '78 MGB

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net, MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best way to lower a '78 MGB
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:02:36 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have 71 (chrome) and put 302 Ford in it and had to move steering rack
forward to clear the balancer pulley...  made new removable steering shaft
with smaller u-joints, and then had to increase length of arms to compensate.
 what a nuisance.  I dont see how others did it without moving steering box,
but remember that if you do, you'll need to compensate the new length in
order to get full wheel turning capability.