Re: Best way to lower a '78 MGB (with a Ford 302)

To: CraigFaubel@aol.com, larryhoy@prodigy.net, MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best way to lower a '78 MGB (with a Ford 302)
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 22:17:01 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/18/2001 10:03:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
CraigFaubel@aol.com writes:

> I have 71 (chrome) and put 302 Ford in it and had to move steering rack
> forward to clear the balancer pulley...

Craig,

How much did you have to notch the cross member to clear the oil pan? I'm
rebuilding the front suspension on my '74 GT, and I'd like to go ahead and
make the required clearance notch while I'm at it - save me having to take it
back out later when I get around to actually doing the 302 swap.

Anyone else on the list with a Ford 302 that can give me some helpful
advice/pointers on this?  All help gratefully accepted (and needed).

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm