Re: Air Filter Clearance

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Filter Clearance
From: BlkfxdWG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:56:53 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 02/17/2001 6:16:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jimbb88@erols.com writes:

<< f the element is much shorter than 2" with a low rider base, it may close
the top of the carb, depending upon the design of the air
 cleaner top. >>

Bruce, I agree with Jim here. If you are using ( I am, too) a 1 3/4 drop base
air cleaner with a 2 1/4 K & N element, there is only a 1/2" left between the
the top and bottom of the air cleaner for the air to get to the carb. That is
probably why you can't buy a drop base cleaner with a 2 1/4 element as a
package.It is also why I am springing for that new & improved K & N filter
top.

Are you using the stock Buick intake manifold or something taller?

Carl Floyd
Trying to get it running by Sebring!