Re: Chevy vs. Ford

To: "David M. Rose" <drose@azstarnet.com>, "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chevy vs. Ford
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 09:25:03 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well, that is intruiging, but one very important thing you have to consider
is the power of the motor, those 350's put out insane torque and you could
quickly find yourself with a mg pretzel..

Don't get me wrong, I myself am doing a 302 conversion for the added power
over the 215, less expensive parts and widespread engine tweaking knowledge
here in the US, but I am not having the engine put out much serious power. A
350 bone stock from factory will probably put out 320+lbs/ft and be able to
twist the frame easily.  I mean they are pulling around cars that weigh
almost 3x what our cars do, and torque is what they are designed for, so
take your time and plan on frame bracing and bolstering if you go that
route..

AND KEEP US ALL POSTED!  :-)

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]