Chevy vs. Ford

To: MGB Newsgroup <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chevy vs. Ford
From: "David M. Rose" <drose@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 16:40:17 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello everybody,

Here's what I've picked up on so far:

1. Serious speedwork on Rover V8s is really expensive.
2. Ford 302 conversions have been done with good results.
3. Chevy 350 transplants have been done in a limited number, but the weight
is too much and handling is affected.

4. I'd like to open up discussion (or dissing) to the topic: has anyone
done a Chevy 350 LS1 crate motor conversion? It's an *all*-aluminum fuel
injected motor as currently supplied in Corvettes and the Camaro/Firebird
F-body car. I could never find any exact weights, but it _should_ be
somewhat less than the Ford 302. Custom wiring harnesses and computer
programming are readily available at no great cost. Any thoughts? Am I a
dope for even thinking about this? I'd sure like to hear any and all thoughts.

Thanks,

--David
drose@azstarnet.com