Re: Chevy vs. Ford

To: "bown" <bown@concentric.net>, "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chevy vs. Ford
From: "David M. Rose" <drose@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:53:38 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I've found this really hard to determine. There are various charts on the
net, but I don't know if they're apples-to-apples: that is, complete
assemblies, fully dressed, etc.

The only real fact I was able to find was from a GM performance page on
bare 350CID block castings: aluminum was ~90 lb. less than cast iron.
Figure in aluminum heads as well, and it would _seem_ that an aluminum
Chevy 350 would be comparable or less in weight to a cast iron Ford 302,
but I'm totally lacking in genuine information.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]