Re: Fuel pump requirements

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel pump requirements
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 03:52:14 EST
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/12/2001 3:34:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
larryhoy@prodigy.net writes:

>> How many GPH of fuel is required for the BOP 215/Rover 3.5.  Would the
requirment for a 4.6 Rover be the same?

Larry,

Hmm, lets see - 100 mph @ 5 mpg (swag), you would be using 20 gph. 70 mph @
20 mpg, you would be using 3.5 gph.

YMMV

Quarter mile in 11 seconds? Probably a little more.

>>How about fuel pressure for the above using a Carter 400, or perhaps a
Carter 500 for the larger engine.

The only requirements I can see for the fuel pump pressure are:

1) High enough to provide the required gph, but

2) Not high enough to lift the bowl float via the needle valve.

SWAG?  3.5 - 7 psi

Yeah, I know, it's late, I'm tired, and I should be in bed!

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm