Re: Wiring harnesses

To: <jimbb88@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Wiring harnesses
From: "James Nazarian Jr" <james.nazarian@colorado.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:08:56 -0600
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
thanks jim, but I have designed the harness in similar fassion, individual
circuits no daisy chains, and am very proud of my design.  I am building
this car as much as a project/challenge as I am an end result so to me an
extra expense is worth it.

James Nazarian
71 B Roadster
71 BGT

"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"
Enzo Ferrari

----------
> From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
> To: James Nazarian Jr <James.Nazarian@colorado.edu>
> Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Wiring harnesses
> Date: Monday, October 02, 2000 7:03 PM
>
> James-
>
> I am completing my second total rewire of a V8. First car is my GT with
now
> around 140,000 miles. Second car is my current project,  a roadster. My
goal
> was lots of fuses, no "daisy chain" circuits, larger wire sizes,
elimination
> of corrosion problems at connectors. In other words, eliminate as much
Lucas
> as possible.
>
> In both cases, I started with a street rod wiring harness, 21 fuse, 23
> circuits, colored, printed wire. That is each wire is terminated at the
fuse
> block by the factory & is printed every 6 or 8" with the circuit name
such as
> left rear turn signal, electric choke, fan, etc. The fuse blocks use GM
style
> plug in fuses. The theory is that you mount the fuse block in the ideal
> location, then route the wires in an organized fashion to the particular
> components.
>
> Expect to pay from $200-350.00, mine were under $250.00. This is much
faster
> and much simpler than designing your own harness. The product from
American