Re: GM starter

To: larryhoy@marketvalue.net
Subject: Re: GM starter
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 20:38:19 -0400
Cc: MG V8 List <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry-

Yes, as far as I know, this is typical of the Buick starter. It is, however,
larger in diameter than the Vega model, & in some cases will not clear the frame
fail.

As an aside, to make starter installation & removal easier, instead of using the
conventional top mounting bolt, replace it with a stud. You don't have a stud?
Add more threads to a bolt, thread it in from the rear, or use a piece of all
thread & locket. You can then hang the starter on the top stud & then install
the lower bolt without fighting the weight of the starter. Not important when
the engine is out of the car, but when you eventually have to replace it.....

Jim