Wheels & Tires

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels & Tires
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:03:38 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
After taking the V8 out last night, I noticed a pretty pronounced vibration
in the front end.  I'm quite sure it is from unbalanced wheels.  I've tried
to have my rostyles balanced before, but they said two of them were warped
and wouldn't balance out.  So it is time for wheels and tires.

I have a quick question regarding offsets.  I've read that the factory
offsets were either 22 or 28 mm.  I am looking at a set of 14x6 alloys by
TSW, that have an offset of 35 mm.    Using 185/70 14's, are these going to
rub?  Is there a tire size on this rim that won't rub?.  The price is really
good on these, and I'd like to go ahead and purchase.

Thanks,

Glenn
Owner of an oil dripping, shaking, money pit