Re: Factory MGB V8 pads

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, "PAUL D KILE" <Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com>, "MG V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Factory MGB V8 pads
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:23:22 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I find they only go in one way.  If the stock MGA pads aren't handed I would
be suspicious that the V8 pads are not good to use.  Dunno about 'left' and
'right' pads, more like 'inner' and 'outer'.  A pair of pads for the RHS is
identical to a pair for the LHS.  I have a set of Unipart (GBP242) which I
have photographed showing the 'handedness' and how the anti-squeal shims are
attached.  Two of the pads are stamped with 'FER2449FGG453' and two with
'FER2449FGG462'.  The latter two have a white paint mark on the pad material
adjacent o the straight edge of the backing plate.  You can see the picture
at http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/v8pads.htm

PaulH.