RE: Driveshafts, EFI, and other stuff

To: "'Keith Wheeler'" <keithw@sand.net>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Driveshafts, EFI, and other stuff
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 12:35:10 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Keith,

You struck a nerve with your comment on old parts piling up with nowhere to
go - I too have several boxes of old stuff like pedestal lifters, short
pushrods, valves and valve hardware, oil pumps, engine plates, etc, mostly
for MGAs and early Bs.  The trouble is that these engines are getting harder
to come by, as are vintage British parts in general. Even though I have no
current use for the stuff, I can't bear to part with it.

I've been burned too many times by clearing out my garage.  Recently I had
to replace the doors and other bits on my GT V-8 restoration, as I shelled
out for the parts I remembered ruefully the 1972 RHD B-GT bodyshell
(complete with doors and other rare bits) that I had hauled off to the
scrapper about 7 years ago.

Maybe you should post a list here and see if anyone wants some of it?  I
will probably haul my stuff to the Dixon swapmeet this year and see if any
of it goes - real cheap!

Cheers,
Paul Kile