Driveshafts, EFI, and other stuff

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Driveshafts, EFI, and other stuff
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 12:00:34 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hey all,

Driveshaft.  What should I expect to pay for a driveshaft for
my 'B to couple a TR-8/SD1 'box to the 'B rear axle?  (Yes, I know
all the various 'box and rear axle options, and that there are
"better" choices, however, this is "better" for me right now,
I've got two really nice TR-8/SD1 boxes -- well, one of each).

Will a speedo cable from anything else (TR-7/TR-8) work?  Or
do I have to have a "custom" one?

And, this is a strange one, but... what do you do with all of your
dead parts?  I've got cams and lifters and all sorts of heavy
metal junk that I don't want to keep around.  It was never a problem
where I grew up (10 acres + BIG barn = keep all the old junk) but
here in San Diego it's a pain.

I'm trying to stay focused on this car.  I've been driving the old
girl in the local "Street Mod" class at the autocrosses.  It's got
a lot of stick, and turns in like nobody's business.  I could just
use some more HP!

The fuel injection option is very intersting. I've got a client that
does some radical Nissan injection mods.  Learning about EFI tricks
really does appeal to the engineer/nerd in me. We've got another project
in the works with a fuel injected 13B Rotary.  I know there's been
some discussion here about fuel injection, but who is actually using it?

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/