Re: [Mg-t] Front Shock Bolts

To: "gunnellj tds.net" <gunnellj@tds.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Front Shock Bolts
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 08:04:05 -0800
Cc: mg-t@autox.team.net
The bolts are 3/8"-20 BSF.
The ones for the Armstrongs are shorter than those used for Girlings,
as Girlings had a thicked mounting base. You will need one longer one,
for the engine steady bracket. There is a round spacer, that goes on top
of the shock base for the Armstrongs, between the damper and the bracket.

Actually, either design is OK. Girlings have a cast iron body, and do not
wear.
Armstrongs, with either pot metal or aluminum bodies, tend to wear a little.
That only matters when you rebuild them.

Moss Motors sells 3/8" BSF bolts. I believe that they were 1 1/4" long for
Armstrong,
with the exception of the one with the bracket. That I believe was 1 3/4"
long.

John Seim
Irvine, CA