Re: [Mg-t] Heat Deflector

To: "Stuart Keen" <simbafish@comcast.net>, "MG" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Heat Deflector
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 19:26:49 -0700
Stu,

Hot rod shops sell a cloth exhaust wrap which comes in a roll approx. 2"
wide. This really does keep the heat in the pipe (I've used it on headers
and it has noticeably reduced under-hood temperatures) so you could try
wrapping the pipe with that stuff. Jet-Hot coating does the same thing (I've
touched a Jet-hot coated exhaust header with my hand and not been burned)
but that's a lot more expensive.

Lawrie Alexander