[Mg-t] Re. TC 7730

To: <pyleharrydeidre@bigpond.com>
Subject: [Mg-t] Re. TC 7730
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 19:22:24 -0700
Hello, Harry,

Back in 1995, a friend of mine (Stan Davis) came to Australia from
California and bought a TC from a Phil Pyle, who I have to assume is your
son, Phil. Sadly, Stan passed away in June this year and he willed the TC to
his sister. She has asked me to check the car over and get it running
properly, as it spent most of its life here in California in storage.

I have now got the engine running and I have to believe the engine was
rebuilt with something other than a stock TC cam as it revs very rapidly -
much more so than an average TC. However, while this is obviously a good
thing, the valve clatter is - to put it mildly - deafening! Before I adjust
the valves clearances, I thought it would be wise to see if you (or Phil)
might happen to remember this engine and what cam is in it, so I can set the
clearances correctly. Any chance you do have a recollection of this car and
its engine?

Any help you can give will be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Lawrie Alexander

Mg-t@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html