That new TF in the family

To: "'MG-T,List'" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: That new TF in the family
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 14:55:58 -0700
OK, I now have in my possession TF HDB461614, and I'm just getting started
on knowing what I've got, and just how original it is. Not that I'm
concerned about concours status, but....

On mine, the end panels on the gas tank are all chrome. In some books on the
TF, it appears that the end panel may be painted so that only the edges are
chromed. Is this the case? Or is there a painted plate that is supposed to
cover the center of the end panel?

And then there is the question of the door hinge colors. I've heard both
opinions expressed - painted body color, and left polished brass. Anyone
want to set me straight?

Thanks

Howard