Re: Oil Filter Question

To: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Filter Question
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:35:36 -0500
Nels,

     The open end of the oil filter outer canister (hope that makes sense) seals
up against a rubber gasket that is inside of the base of the filter assembly.
The gasket tends to stick in place and sometimes it's necessary to dig the old
one out with a pick.  The oil filter element is used for more applications than
just the TD/TF so the packaging contains a variety of gaskets.  I usually use a
NAPA 1300 filter, it comes with three gaskets.  Hope this helps.

Bud Krueger
52TD